Wednesday, April 29, 2009

So it's over....a refelction on the class...

Overall, I really enjoyed Professor Maruca's class on media in the eighteenth century. Even though I was very resistant and pessimistic about the class in the beginning, I feel I learned a lot and not only filled in a huge gap in my literary knowledge base, but I also enjoyed the books and topics we discussed. One could even say that I enjoy and have a greater appreciation for British literature than I did when I started the class this winter, pissed off that I had to take it in the first place. I wish we would have had more time to indulge in topics and really explore the function of these different forms at this time, but I guess now I have a good base and starting point to indulge in these topics in the future.

And even though I HATED the idea of having to blog in the begining of the semester, this ended up being a really enjoyable way to express ideas while incorporating the ideals of modern media to parallel 18th Century media and the newness of it.

Thanks Professor Maruca!

2 comments:

  1. Obviously, the blogging did not work out so well for me. Truthfully I should NOT have signed up for 3 lit classes in one semester. But having been in a class with a great professor and another self-proclaimed foreigner (for lack of a better or nicer word) to English Literature, I'm glad to have had another class with you. Good luck with your graduate work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alex! I hope you do well too and pursue your law goals successfully!

    ReplyDelete